How to get proof of earnings for mortgage or loan applications.

What’s new?

  • From 4 September 2017 HMRC will not send SA302s on paper to Agents.
  • HMRC maintain a list of lenders who have agreed to accept the online self-service copy in place of a SA302.

Tax overviews and online copy of SA302 tax calculation

HMRC advise that a large number of mortgage or loan lenders should now be accepting a self-service copy in place of a paper SA302 sent from HMRC.

Typically, the lenders will want to see a tax overview and full tax calculation for the tax years they require.

See below:

How to get the tax overview

Login to HMRC Online Services
In the left hand menu click ‘Services you can use’
Access ‘Self-Assessment (SA) for agents’
Select your client
Click on ‘View account’
Click ‘Tax years’
Select tax year
‘Print your tax year overview’

How to get the full tax calculation (if you use HMRC’s filing service)

After selecting the client:
Click on ‘Tax return options’
Choose tax year
‘View return’
‘View your calculation’
‘View and print your full calculation’

The tax overview and calculation amounts should match.

Personal tax account
HMRC’s list of lenders accepting an online SA302 tax calculation and tax overview


Please contact us if you need further advice, have any questions about our services, would like a free consultation or a fixed fee quote.